Hedland Personnel is a specialised employment agency funded by the Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations (DEEWR), to assist people with disabilities obtain and maintain placement in open employment. Hedland Personnel was established in July 1997 with an official opening on 9 February 1998, which was officiated by Commonwealth Senator Sue Knowles.
Hedland Personnel's primary objectives include the placement of people with disabilities in the open workforce, as well as the following:
- to find a permanent, full time job which is within the disabled person's capabilities and offers opportunities for growth and development
- to promote the rights of people with disabilities to open employment
- to register people with disabilities with the agency
- to provide on the job support
- to create employment plans for individuals
Hedland Personnel was awarded ‘The Chamber Award' to recognise outstanding levels of community service by a community group by the Port Hedland Chamber of Commerce in 2002.
Click here to view our Disablilty Service Standards certificate
The staff at Hedland Personnel are very dedicated to and passionate about their positions and people with disabilities is their first priority.
Dianne started off as an Employment Co-ordinator
in September 1997 and went on to the role of Manager
in October 1999.
Employment Co-ordinator (Karratha)
Board of Directors Responsibilities
The role of the Board of Directors is to oversee the management of the organisation within the approved budget and in accordance with Hedland Personnel Inc funded agreement, stated objectives, policies and procedures and in accordance with the Incorporation and other legislative acts.
Their duties also include:
- to ensure that Hedland Personnel Inc. has a strong membership, strong community support and is developing and variable organisation
- to represent the organisation, its members and services in a positive way at all times
- to ensure the future of the organisation by providing leadership and through preparation, planning, review and monitoring of organisational needs, plans and structure
Board of Directors:
- Chairperson: Luke Jessop
- Deputy Chairperson: Peter Dunning
- Finance Director: Colin Ballantyne
- Members: Scott Westover, Charlie Zoghbi, Jelle Van Rijmenant, Michele Brazier